Friday 29 September 2017

MAKING YOUR DREAMS A REALITY
The world is a busy place like athletes undertaking a cross-country race. And everyone is as a wonder person searching for greener pastures. Dreams and aspirations might be easy to set but realizing those dreams is as difficult as the igneous rock. Scriptures say, faith without deeds is dead faith and so dreams without putting it into action is a dead dream. But just as every challenge has a solution so as every dream can be made a reality.
Reality is real and achievable as the name suggests. One therefore ought to mold oneself for this great task. Putting your words and thoughts into action is the secret in accomplishing these dreams. The question of reality is "how?". The answer lies in yourself and the people you associate.  Many of us fail because we know little of ourselves. Aldous Huxley said "there is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that is yourself." Most of us strives to be shadows of others neglecting our own beings. Until you discover that you are unique and not a "tabula rasa”, your life will remain a sad mystery.
"Men go abroad at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the courses of the river, at the vast of the stars and they pass by themselves without wondering", says Saint Augustine.  And as the song writer says, "I am walking in power, I’m walking in miracles, I live a life of favour because I know who I am", so we must pause to check ourselves and all that is within us. But the secret is that, the more you use the little you know about yourself, the better you discover yourself. I may not have gone where I intended to go but -I think I have ended up where I intended to be.  It is worth pursuing and failing than never giving it a try.  I am great because people recommended me, people recommended me because I portrayed it.  I did so because I believed in myself. I believed in myself because I have seen my uniqueness.  I have seen these because I was determined to do so. Your identity therefore will reveal the kind of persons you invite into your world just like how sweet-scented flowers welcome insects. Take a bold step to make a difference.  Be a reality creator and not just a dreamer.

- Comfort Azuuga

No comments:

Post a Comment