Monday 11 December 2017


IMCS PAX ROMANA – UCC LOCAL


OUR LADY SEAT OF WISDOM CATHOLIC CAHAPLAINCY


Pax Romana UCC Electoral Commision

Present

Pax Elections 2017


Aspirants’ Profiles




President
Bridget  Agbesi

Level 300
B. Sc. Molecular Biology and Biotechnology

Aspiring for Pax President.
Offering a helping hand to others is of one my policies in life and the hardship of life is one the things that inspire me to put in my maximum effort in working towards a bright future.
I applied for the position of the president to see to the general wellbeing and happiness of Pax members and also to make Pax Romana UCC Local a better movement.
One of the policies I would work on, when I become the Pax president, is to foster good senior member-junior member relationship.
With everyone’s little effort, we all can make Pax Romana UCC Local a better movement. I need your support to make this a reality.

Louis Kwame Yeboah
 
Level 300
B. Sc. Nursing student

I am aspiring for the office of Pax President UCC Local for 2018/2019 academic year.
I am I am the easy going type, a motivator and I love to sing and play football as well.
Personally, I believe in service and one thing that keeps me moving in life is that "without a challenge, one can never be promoted in life. And until you start doing what you can't do, you can never do them." And with Jesus on my side" I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." Philippians 4:13.
Encouraging and developing Catholic student Leadership has being one of my inspirations for aspiring for this portfolio. And also fostering good relationship among catholic students and with our religious leaders in our chaplaincy.
I humbly seek for your support so that together we can spread the Peace of Christ abroad that HE may be in all. 
Vice president
 Celestine Glitse
 Level 300
B. Sc. Mathematics and Statistics

I am aspiring for the position of PAX vice president for the 2018-2019 academic year.
I like Challenges, music and I enjoy team work.
I am an open-minded, generous, friendly, confident person who challenges and I can work under pressure. I enjoy learning new things and I possess an ability to motivate others therefore ensuring a good working environment.
 I am mostly inspired by people who try to live the best life they can with the situation and mind-set that things will get better one day. I applied for this position to put my skills into God’s works, serve the Chaplaincy and acquire new ones. My policy is purposely based on our academic performance where “the higher helps the lower” method will be introduced.
I wish to acquire new skills by serving you and I will do my best to keep the standard of the current executives by keeping the good name of our Chaplaincy.

Christiana Sunbabaara

Level 200
B. Ed. Social Studies

I love making friends and sharing my knowledge and skills with others.
I wish to serve Pax as the next Pax Vice President.
I am 23 years of age. I come from the Upper West region. I have always loved the idea of serving others in various ways that I can. In view of this, I have held various positions including the ladies commissioner of the Upper West Students’ Union, organizer of the Nadowli Students’ Union, Course rep in various courses among others.
My motivation comes from the conviction that I am privileged and so need to avail myself for others for the Glory of God.
I applied for this position because it is my desire to work together with my colleagues to continue the good work of our Predecessors in providing a better Pax administration.
Secretaries
Joana Edwin Yorke
Level 200
B. A Social Science majoring in Economics and Mathematics
 I have interest in unity and team work to achieve a common goal.
Based on my interests, I aspire to serve the movement through the position of the Pax Secretary.
As a team player, I plan to engage the other executives in ensuring that all your concerns are addressed.  In addition to this, I desire to carry out all my secretarial duties with fairness and diligence. With the experience I have as a secretary to some pax committees, I believe that carrying out my duties will come easy. If given the mantle to serve as Pax secretary, I would be of a tremendous asset to our movement. Make your decision count and vote for me as the next pax secretary.
Michaela Acquah
Level 300
B.Sc. Nursing
I am aspiring to serve as the secretary for Pax Romana UCC local community for 2018/2019 academic year.
 I love to sing, listen to music, and motivate people with my little experience I have.
Michaela is an open person who likes to smile a lot and also has the desire to help others.
One thing that inspires me a lot is patience and perseverance. In life many are the obstacles that may come your way, but when you are patient and able to persevere, you will overcome all these obstacles.
I aspired for this position after realizing the Joshua in me. I decided to use this God gifted potential to serve in His temple.
As for policies, I intend to continue with the policies being executed by the current executives, and introduce new policies if the need be in the course of my service.
One thing l believe in is that, commitment, readiness to serve and to accept criticism are all key to successful leadership. One cannot be perfect when leading, but with the help, corrections and directions from those in higher positions, pax members and past executives, I can with no doubt execute my duties well to the community and to the greater glory of God.    

Josephine Owusu – Peprah
 Level 300
B. Ed. Mathematics
My favourite pastimes include listening to music, reading and sharing information.
I aspire to be the Pax secretary.
I was born and bred in Obuasi, in the Ashanti Region but currently live at Kumasi. I had my Senior High School education at Afua Kobi Ampem Girls' Senior High School.
The success story and the experiences of others inspire me to push harder in life.
I believe that easy access to information makes life simple and being the link between the executives and members of Pax is the service I want to give.
I will make it possible for members who do not use smart phones and also members who are not in any society in the church also get access to information about Pax activities.
I hope to be your choice in this year's elections, because I'm the right person for this position. Thank you.

Sheila Akadirima
Level 300
B. SC. Psychology
I am aspiring for the position of Pax secretary.
I am a devoted, hardworking and self-motivated individual who is very passionate about achieving academic excellence and impacting society positively through research and learning. Also, providing accurate and workable solutions to every problem identified. I am confident, punctual humble and respectful to every person.
I have interest in research, studying, teamwork and above all serving God.
What inspires me in life is a desire to achieve academic excellence and making positive impact to humanity.
I love working within a team to affect others positively, and help in promoting the growth of the church. My policies are to:
Provide an effective stewardship as a secretary through proper dissemination of information.
Provide an appropriate means of accurate documentation of record.
To conclude, I would like to add that I believe in competencies, hardworking and teamwork. It is in my interest to ensure that every task and responsibilities are efficiently and effectively accomplished with time through dedication and I can assure you that when elected as the secretary, I would be able to uniquely fulfil the duties of the position to the satisfaction of all. 
wocom
Susana Oppong
Level 200
B. Sc. Physician Assistant Studies
Aspiring for Pax ladies’ commissioner
Love and charity are two things that inspire me. The support and respect that they provide never fails.
I applied for the position of a ladies’ commissioner to help me carry out the ideas and plans I want to serve the chaplaincy with.
I wish to introduce a number of policies, one of which would be a monthly gathering of ladies within the chaplaincy, where we can learn from each other and also voice out our grievances.
I seek your support, to bring out the best in pax ladies.
Pax ladies…..fearfully and wonderfully made.
PRO 
Selasi Kwame Yegbe
Level 300
BSc. Computer Science
 Some of my interests are listening to audiobooks and reading story books.
I am aspiring for the position of Pax Public Relations Officer PRO. I am a hardworking student and I love helping my fellow students. What inspires me in life is the notion that success does not come to the idle and the lazy but to the hardworking.
I applied for the position of Pax P.R.O because I have always wanted to serve my colleague Pax members and I believe the position of the Pax P.R.O can help me do just that. Some of my policies if chosen is to ensure that the database registration for Pax is placed online to make it easier to access and to ensure that Pax has a fully functioning website.
To conclude, I hope you will all help me make Pax a place we can all call our home away from home. Pax Peace.  

 Papa Kobina Amankwah
 Level 200
B. A Population and Health
 I am an avid reader and a very passionate writer who is contesting for the position of PAX PRO.
I am an affiliate and a current resident of Valco Hall who is a staunch catholic and a very hardworking and ardent servant of the Lectors Society of the Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Catholic Church PAX community.
My greatest inspiration in life is God and I am contesting for the position of PAX PRO due to my great interest for public relations which is highly noticed among many who know me very well. I wish to implement as part of my policies as PAX PRO, credible and early delivery of information to the PAX community and a strong bond between the PAX community and its publicity committee by creating reliable platforms to welcome all ideas as regards to improving the publicity committee of the chaplaincy. I also wish to continue with all the good works that have been done so far by the current publicity committee of the chaplaincy if given the nod to serve as PAX PRO for the 2018/2019 academic year.
In this regard, I humbly implore the whole PAX community of the university to rally their support behind me by means of granting me their votes for the upcoming PAX general elections for the position of PAX PRO for a selfless service in public relations to PAX Romanna UCC to enhance a very well informed church community.

Perpetua Aboagye Dansoaa
Level 200
  B.Ed. Mathematics
I am aspiring for the position of PAX P.R.O
What inspires me most in life is determination and perseverance.  
I applied for the position of PAX P.R.O in order to help work for this chaplaincy when it comes to dissemination of information.
If I am given the chance to this portfolio, I will put out my maximum best to help this chaplaincy. 

FINANCIAL SECRETARY
 Adukpoh, Richard Kofi
   Level 200
                                           B. Ed. Mathematics
My activities of interest include music and sports
I am aspiring for the position of Financial Secretary

I am a staunch catholic, a member of Pax Choir and the Noble Order of Knight and Ladies of Marshall.
I’m always ready for a new challenge and learn new things.
I applied for the above portfolio primarily to serve and learn more about the movement. I intend to
work with my team to move the movement to a greater height.
I’ll be glad if voted for, to serve.




Let us come together and offer our services in any capacity we find ourselves to  God and Pax Ucc local. Until you try, don’t condemn yourself for the first man to write first book had no book for reference.

EVANS APAAH


Level 300
B.ED. ACCOUNTING
Being a member of the current finance committee of Our Lady Seat of Wisdom offers me the opportunity to know much of the financial challenges and grievances of our Pax members. With such experience I deem it a great platform to aspire for the position of the Financial Secretary to help address, as much as possible, the financial challenges and grievances we face everyday.
It our prerogative right to offer our service to God and humanity in all aspect of life, as far as Pax UCC Local is concerned. I therefore find it very important to make people know, understand and appreciate the need to contribute their quota to develop the movement.
I’m always motivated to accomplish targets set and that pushes me harder to work diligently with people by encouraging ourselves to achieve our objectives.

TREASURER
Ewuah Howard Philemon
Level 200
B. Com. Accounting
 I am aspiring for the position of Pax treasurer for the 2018/2019 academic year
Howard is a humble servant who is really interested in making people get the reason to smile.
 I am a dedicated when it comes to service for God and man. This kind of commitment has built me up in various ways including working together with other people as a team. I am a quiet and shy person which, in a way, helps me tolerate people, no matter the circumstance. There is this quote which inspires me the most and causes me to have a reason to live to do something: “There is a light at the end of every tunnel”.
I applied for this position because as a committed member of the finance committee, and having some experience in accounting, I believe I can handle the task very well.
There are many will be the policies I intend to implement. One of theses is the 50:40 payment policy, where members who come for mass on Sunday but are unable to pay their dues in full will have the opportunity to pay in instalments.
I hope to give my best to serve the movement when God, through you, gives me the chance to work as the treasurer of Pax.

ORGANIZERS
 James Kwame Appeaning
Level 200
B. A. Social Sciences
My hobbies are Singing and swimming.
Inspiration: The will to do and achieve greatness
I applied for this position in order to bring all societies within the church under one united umbrella. This I believe will help in better organizational practices for all activities in the Chaplaincy.
In terms of innovation, I intend to make programs and events of the movement livelier by encouraging IT based technologies in the organization of programs.

Ayittah Randy Selasi
Level 200
B. Sc. Computer Science.

One of my philosophies in life is that what needs to be done must be well.
I am aspiring for the position of Pax Organizer.
One of the policies which I would like to work on is to ensure that all activities within Pax are well coordinated and organized.










Election date: Sunday, 17th December, 2017



Venue: our lady seat of wisdom catholic church (during both masses)



Come support your favourite candidate


Pax..peace! thumbs up…for jesus!



Compiled by: Pax Publicity Committee

2 comments:

  1. Come give all the aspirants your support

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is really going to be an amazing exercise. Lets pray that God gives us the best of leaders

    ReplyDelete